A third of people in Africa don’t have access to safe drinking water. Two thirds of the population don’t have access to proper sanitation. More people die from contaminated water than from all forms of violence combined, including wars.
In 2009, The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation launched the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN) to improve access to safe drinking water for two million African people by 2015. The vision has since expanded: we now aim to provide an additional four million people in Africa with safe water and sanitation by 2020.
Check out our progress to date:
The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation has co-funded numerous successful water projects with our partners. Find out more: http://www.tccaf.org/coca-cola-africa-foundation-partners.asp
- Coca-Cola on the catwalk: brand collaborates with Tezenis on loungewear line
- The Iconic Share A Coke Campaign is Back: And This Time It's Going on Holiday
- 10 Years of Switching Off: How Earth Hour Spread Across the Planet
- Watch: River network repurposes Coca-Cola syrup drums as rain barrels
- Global habits are negatively impacting our oceans. What can we do to save them?