Ever wondered what our festive ads looked like before ‘Holidays Are Coming’ became a classic? We’ve gone back to the 1950s and retrieved four British ads from our archives. Enjoy.
Christmas calls for cartons of Coke – 1958
Whether you’re having a festive party with friends or a break in a busy day, Coca-Cola is the ‘cheerful lift’ you need. And Santa likes it too.
Coca-Cola Christmas – 1958
A family of four sledges down a hill, making a pitstop for a Coke before sliding right up in front of their fireplace.
The Santa doll – 1958
In this ad we meet the Santa doll who went on to become a collector’s item. Do you have one? Cool.
Coke bottles go carol singing – 1959
As the 1950s draw to a close, four Coca-Cola contour bottles donning festive headgear serenade you into the season from the middle of a snowstorm.
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Going global: An interview with Coca-Cola Journey's editor-in-chief
- Valentine’s Inspiration: from artisan flowers to his & hers fashion
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes