If you can find a
Enter Project Last Mile. Its mission? To transform the medical supply chain in Africa so that even the most far-flung communities have access to vital medicines.
We’re collaborating with international aid foundations to make it happen: The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Since it launched in 2010, Project Last Mile has been using
In Tanzania, Project Last Mile has made a big difference already. Medical Stores Department (MSD) is the government agency responsible for procuring, storing and distributing medicines throughout the country. But it’s not always easy – in the rainy season, the delivery teams need to use boats to access rural clinics.
Since Project Last Mile launched there, MSD’s distribution system has expanded its delivery to more than 5,500 health facilities. Previously, it reached approximately 150 district warehouses – proof that Project Last Mile is really helping medicines travel that ‘last mile’. It also shows that when we all come together to share our knowledge, great things can happen.
- ParkLives makes a splash in Nottingham with open water swimming sessions
- Everything you need to know about our packaging
- Carrie’s 5by20 story: how a hashtag led to five-year festival plan
- Upcycling step-by-step: Honest bottle to #HonestGarden
- Weed it and reap: Honest goes green with community gardening projects in London