To mark the launch of Rugby World Cup 2015, the Coca-Cola London Eye put on a spectacular show as it booted up to become a beacon for the Tournament.
The iconic London landmark's 32 capsules were transformed to represent each of the 20 competing countries national flags, alongside 12 specially designed Coca-Cola rugby ball wraps – which are being displayed throughout the duration of the competition.
As a global icon, the Coca-Cola London Eye on London’s South Bank is at the very heart of the action throughout Rugby World Cup 2015. Every evening, from now until 31 October, it is being lit up in each colour of the four pool groups.
“We are delighted to be designing our capsules in honour of each of the countries who will be competing within the Tournament and are excited to welcome guests, fans and Londoners alike to take in our breathtaking views across the capital city of the hosting nation of Rugby World Cup 2015", said Nikki Ratcliffe, Coca-Cola London Eye spokesperson.
In celebration of the Tournament, the Coca-Cola London Eye will encourage people to get involved and make memories, as rugby fans from across the world will be featured 135 metres above the hosting city’s skyline – with the interior of every capsule onboard the attraction showcasing images sent in from fans through the #CelebratingRugby campaign.
- International Women's Day: How Coca-Cola is Helping to Empower 5 Million Women Worldwide
- ‘It’s Mind-Blowing that We’re Making such a Difference to Young People’s Futures’: Aberdeen Non-Profit Earns Community Award
- Holly Willoughby hosts the perfect girls’ night in with Diet Coke
- Coca-Cola Employees Send Their Hearts to Austria in Support of Special Olympics World Winter Games
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler