Earlier this year students from across the country took part in Coca-Cola European Partners' Real Business Challenge, which tasked them with coming up with a creative anti-litter campaign. Now, finalists of the annual enterprise competition can finally see their designs come to life...
Up and down the country, bus stops will feature a series of posters depicting eye-catching designs promoting litter awareness, created by finalists from the Coca-Cola European Partners Real Business Challenge. The posters encourage members of the public in local areas not to drop litter, including soft drinks packaging.
Representatives from multiple anti-litter campaign groups, such as Keep Wales Tidy, Keep Scotland Beautiful, Hubbub and Clean Up Britain mentored student teams througout the competition, and guided them on developing their posters. Students then had to present the posters to a host of MPs at a Parliamentary reception at the House of Commons, before being crowned winners and having them installed at a number of bus stops in each school’s respective region, for two weeks.
"This year has been another successful year for the competition," said Bill Muirhead, Senior Manager Education Programmes at Coca-Cola European Partner. "I would like to thank all those involved, from the anti-litter organisations and CCEP employees who act as business mentors to help students gain valuable hands-on experience of the business world, to the students themselves who created a brilliant collection of innovative and well thought-out campaigns, helping to drive positive sustainable change across GB.”
Read about the winners of this year's Real Business Challenge.
The Real Business Challenge from our bottler, Coca-Cola European Partners, is a national competition that’s designed to educate students in secondary schools across England, Scotland, and Wales, and help them gain the skills they need to have a competitive edge in the job market.
- Why Do People Litter Soft Drinks Packaging? Coca-Cola Enterprises and Keep Britain Tidy Investigate The Behaviour of Young Adults
- 17 ways Coca-Cola Enterprises is supporting the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Infographic: Understanding Influences on Litter Behaviour Amongst Young Adults
- Video: How to create beautiful flower-shaped LED lights from recycled Coca-Cola bottles in 8 simple steps
- Students Tackle A Real Business Challenge With Anti-Litter Campaign For Coca-Cola Enterprises