It’s just 100 days to go until the 2016 Olympics kicks off in Rio and we are certainly getting excited about it!
To celebrate London symbolically passing the Olympic torch to Rio de Janeiro in the run-up to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Coca-Cola London Eye was lit up in the colours of the Brazilian flag - yellow and green - at sunset on April 27.
Looking spectacular on London’s South Bank, the Brazil-themed illumination represented the first country in South America to host the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Brazil will be welcoming more than 10,000 Olympic and 4,000 Paralympic athletes to its best known tourist destination, Rio de Janeiro. There will also be more than 70,000 volunteers at the Games, with the UK sending the second largest group of foreign volunteers.
The Coca-Cola Company is a proud sponsor of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and the longest standing Olympic sponsor since 1928. The Olympics will take place from August 5-21 and the Paralympics from September 7-18, let the countdown begin!
- Coca-Cola on the catwalk: brand collaborates with Tezenis on loungewear line
- Poll: Are you the Designated Driver this Christmas?
- 6 expert tips for making the perfect Schweppes mocktail
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Going global: An interview with Coca-Cola Journey's editor-in-chief