Girls, Camera, Action - Diet Coke Fuels Betty Mania...
Customise your own limited-edition 'Betty Bottle'
Get ready girls - 'Betty mania' is set to hit our shores this summer as 'diet Coke' unveils its stunning collectible 'diet Coke' Betty Bottle, inspired by the hit TV show 'Ugly Betty'. Patricia Field - New York stylist to the stars and one of fashion's greatest visionaries - has bought her signature style to the 'diet Coke' iconic original glass bottle, and combines her urban design with familiar images from the popular programme.
For all you fashionistas out there, the 'diet Coke' Betty Bottle - available only at Selfridges - comes with its own must-have accessory collection contained in a gorgeous sticker book so you can customise your own bottle and put your unique twist onto it. Inspired by Betty's eclectic style and her life in the bustling Big Apple, the stickers give you a first look at some of the outfits Betty will be wearing in the current series (season 3) - from a butterfly-edged red hat, to an iconic 'B' pendant, to her famous poncho.
With its hot pink leopard print design and cosmopolitan vibe, the 'Betty Bottle' is the perfect backdrop for the 'diet Coke' drinker to create their own bespoke interpretation of modern day life. The accessories have been cherry-picked to capture passion points close to the heart of Betty and women everywhere so every drinker can express themselves in a quirky and fun way.
Patricia Field comments: "I enjoy the cross branding of Patricia Field and 'diet Coke'. Based on prior experience, in which I designed the 'diet Coke' City Collection, I was energised to work on the 'diet Coke' Betty Bottle".
Set to be the fashion accessory of the summer, pick up your own 'diet Coke' Betty Bottle only at Selfridges stores nationwide, priced at £1.29.
Ugly Betty, season 3, airs on Channel 4, Wednesdays at 10pm
- ENDS -
For further information, samples or images please contact the 'diet Coke' press office:
Melanie Bryant firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7908 6452
Jessica Silver email@example.com 020 7908 6545
Lucinda Marsden firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7908 6507
Notes to Editors
About 'diet Coke'
'Diet Coke' is the second best-selling sparkling soft drink brand in the GB Grocery Multiples market behind regular 'Coca‑Cola'. Since its launch in 1984, it has remained a firm favourite with women the world over who love its lighter, great taste.
About Patricia Field
Patricia Field is an award-winning film and television costume stylist. Through her work costuming Sex and the City, and The Devil Wears Prada, Patricia has become famous for reflecting the 'essence' of New York City. Patricia worked with 'diet Coke' in 2008 to create the stylish 'diet Coke' City Collection - four dazzling bottles which represented the areas of life that are important to modern women.
Patricia is a native New Yorker who began her career when she opened her eponymous Greenwich Village boutique in 1966. For over 30 years, this downtown institution has been an internationally known favourite of the fashion-forward and has been a defining factor in the urban style of New York's glittery nightlife.
- Selfridges is currently celebrating its centennial year
- The business was founded by American entrepreneur Gordon Selfridge in 1909 and run by him until he retired in 1940 and took on the role of President. Gordon Selfridge died in 1947 and four years later Lewis's Investment Trust bought a controlling interest in Selfridges.
- In 1965 Charles Clore's British Shoe Corporation (subsequently the Sears Group) bought a controlling interest in Lewis's Investment Trust and in doing so acquired Selfridges.
- In 1998 the company was de-merged from the Sears Group and floated on the London Stock Exchange.
- In 2003 Galen Weston purchased Selfridges. He and his wife Hilary are closely involved with the development and growth of the company.
- In the year ended 31 January 2007, Selfridges' sales rose by 11 per cent to £597 million and grew profit by 33 per cent to £65 million.
- Galen Weston is Chairman of Selfridges and, in January 2004, Allan Leighton was appointed Deputy Chairman.
- Paul Kelly became Chief Executive of Selfridges in February 2004. Before that, Paul was Managing Director of Brown Thomas in Dublin for ten years. He has worked with the Weston family for over 20 years.
- Galen Weston is Chairman of the premier luxury goods company which, as well as Selfridges, includes Holt Renfrew in Canada and Brown Thomas in Ireland.
- Selfridges has four stores in Birmingham, London Flagship, Manchester Trafford Centre and Manchester Exchange Square.
Selfridges Stockist Information
Selfridges 0800 123 400 or www.selfridges.com