Enjoying a chilled bottle of
Our Micro Distribution Centres (MDCs) have changed that. They help our company secure hard-to-reach markets while creating wealth and job growth in those communities.
Encouraging entrepreneurship in Africa
The Micro Distribution Centres are fully owned by local entrepreneurs in Africa. They’re not run or managed by
Meet two women running successful
MDCs by numbers
- There are over 3,200 MDCs in Africa, employing over 19,000 people
- They generate over £629 million ($950 million) in annual revenue
- As we expand the model, our goal is for 50 per cent of new MDCs to be owned by women
More on Journey
- EKOCENTER: Empowering Community Well-Being Through Social Enterprise
- Regret Nothing: Diet Coke Collaborates With J.W.Anderson To Create Designer Collection
- A Local Hero: Newcastle’s Neils Kegg Takes ParkLives into a League of His Own
- Water Funds Partnership: Investing Directly In Water Resource Management
- Coke’s ‘Hilltop’ Featured in Final Scene of 'Mad Men'