Every Christmas for the past seven years we have run our Designated Driver campaign.
It’s how we say thanks to all of you who help your friends and family get home safely during Christmas – with a ‘buy one, get one free’ offer on soft drinks at 12,500 pubs and bars across the country.
“Most people know drinking and driving is wrong and don’t do it, but there are still those that take the risk,” said transport secretary Patrick McLoughlin.
“Anyone tempted to have a tipple at Christmas time before getting behind the wheel should know the potential consequences. As well as risking an accident, you risk losing your licence.
“If you rely on a car for work, this could mean losing your job and wreck your chance of future employment.”
Find out more about Designated Driver on our FAQs page!
More on Journey
- Raveminton, Sliding, Zorbing and Footpool: StreetGames Multi-Sport Festival Comes To Town
- 5 Unique Christmas Traditions From Around the World
- 100 years of the Coca‑Cola bottle
- Coca-Cola Headline Partner At Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball
- Meet Phiona: Mother to 5 Boys, Wife and Businesswomen Extraordinaire