Schweppes Abbey Well is celebrating its status as the Official Water of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games with a bold and eye-catching new design. Refreshing the British natural mineral water brand, the new look will be supported in-store, with further activity set to run ahead of the Olympic Games.
The new design dials up the quintessentially British heritage of Schweppes Abbey Well, which to this day is taken from a single, naturally protected source in Northumberland. Adding a contemporary new feel, the packaging and POS support will create standout in-store across the brand’s range of still as well as sparkling water.
Schweppes Abbey Well will be the only packaged water available at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and is predicted to make up around 40% of all Coca-Cola Great Britain (CCGB) products sold during the Olympic Games. In line with CCGB’s commitment to supporting the greenest Olympic Games ever, the rebrand also marks the launch of 25% recycled PET across Schweppes Abbey Well plastic bottles.
Zoe Howorth, Market Activation Director for CCGB comments: “We’re excited to be revealing a contemporary new look for Schweppes Abbey Well and celebrating the brand’s British roots ahead of the Olympic Games. As the only bottled water available for sale at Olympic and Paralympic venues, we’re looking forward to refreshing consumers as they enjoy a busy summer of sport.”
For more information, please contact:
Stef Morley email@example.com / 0207 908 6439
Katherine Dempsey firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7908 6402
Melanie Jack email@example.com / 020 7908 6542
Notes to editors:
• Schweppes Abbey Well is available in PET: 500ml still and sparkling, 750ml still with sports cap and glass: 330ml still and sparking, 750ml still and sparkling
• In 2011 the Waters category grew by 3.2% in volume and Schweppes Abbey Well surpassed this at 45.8% growth (Nielsen data 52 w/e 31/12/2011)
• The new packaging design was created by Kontrapunkt, Copenhagen
More Press Releases
- The truth about social friendships: Brits count just 5% of their social media followers as ‘close’ friends
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales Coming from No Sugar for the First Time
- Coca-Cola Reveals Nation’s Favourite Flavours
- Coca-Cola launches the Ultimate Christmas Sleepover, giving Christmas fans a once in a lifetime chance to sleep inside the iconic red truck
- Coca-Cola Great Britain to double the amount of recycled plastic in all of its bottles to 50% by 2020