To celebrate twenty years of the ‘Holidays are Coming’ TV ad – which is returning to UK screens tonight* – for the first time ever, a member of the public had the unique opportunity to get behind the wheel of the
As the truck was unveiled ahead of embarking on its nationwide tour, Matt Smith, 28, a professional truck driver from Andover, Hampshire, became the first member of public to get behind the wheel and drive the iconic truck.
The drive was a long time in the making for the self-confessed truck enthusiast who said he has dreamt of driving the truck since the very first time he saw the ‘Holidays are Coming’ ad aged seven.
Bobby Brittain, Marketing Director for
Twenty-eight year old Matt Smith said: “It was overwhelming to see the truck but then to actually drive it, wow! They say that it only really feels like Christmas when you see the
The very special drive came about after Matt shared his wish to drive the truck across his social media channels back in August. Matt not only wanted to fulfil an ambition he’d held since a child but to raise awareness of cystic fibrosis, a condition that he’s been managing since he was born. The request caught the imagination of the general public and Matt got widespread support and then got in touch with
In another first, this year
- ENDS -
For more information:
For more information on the
Harriet Sharp email@example.com on 020 7908 6428
Katie O’Driscoll firstname.lastname@example.org on 0207 908 6455
Notes to editors:
*The ‘Holidays are Coming’ TV advert will air for the first time this year tonight on Gogglebox at 9.50pm
In 2015, the truck will be visiting 46 locations across the UK including:
Inverness – 20th Nov
Fraserburgh – 21st Nov
Perth – 22nd Nov
Edinburgh – 23rd Nov
Newquay – 24th Nov
Glasgow – 24th Nov
Tavistock – 25th Nov
Gateshead – 26th Nov
Paignton – 26th Nov
Barnstaple – 27th Nov
Middlesbrough – 27th Nov
Penrith – 28th Nov
Yeovil – 28th Nov
Morecambe – 29th Nov
Weymouth – 29th Nov
Newtown – 1st Dec
Colwyn Bay – 2nd Dec
Llanelli – 2nd Dec
Cardiff – 3rd Dec
Chester – 3rd Dec
Liverpool– 4th Dec
Swindon – 4th Dec
Manchester – 5th Dec
The O2 Greenwich, London – 5th Dec
The O2 Greenwich, London – 6th Dec
Wigan – 6th Dec
Huddersfield – 9th Dec
Great Yarmouth – 9th Dec
Bury St Edmunds – 10th Dec
Leeds – 10th Dec
Ripon – 11th Dec
Watford – 11th Dec
Bridlington – 12th Dec
Reading – 12th Dec
Gloucester – 13th Dec
Sheffield – 13th Dec
Bournemouth – 16th Dec
Nottingham – 16th Dec
Leicester – 17th Dec
Winchester – 17th Dec
Peterborough – 18th Dec
Eastbourne – 18th Dec
Margate – 19th Dec
Romford – 20th Dec
Paddington Central, London – 22nd Dec
Leicester Square, London – 23rd Dec
**‘Win a visit from the
- From the 19/10/15 to 04/12/15, Coca‑Cola is giving one customer the chance to win a visit from the Coca‑Cola Christmas Truck when they purchase promotional packs of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero, Diet Coke and Coca‑Cola Life.
- The prize is a visit to the winner’s house from the Coca‑Cola Christmas Truck with a delivery of prizes worth £5k at time of print. Bonus prize is a prize pack valued at £5k at time of print.
- Unique 10 digit codes can be found on the label or inside promotional packs of the below products:
· 1.75ltr bottle of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero, Diet Coke and Coca‑Cola Life.
· 500ml bottles of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero, Diet Coke and Coca‑Cola Life.
· 4x 1.5ltr bottle multipacks of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero and Diet Coke.
· 6x 330ml multi-packs of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero and Diet Coke.
· 8x 330ml multi-packs of Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola Zero, Diet Coke and Coca‑Cola Life.
- The winner will be contacted after the random prize draw has taken place on the 05/12/15. The winner will be contacted by phone on the number they provided upon entry. The winner is subject to verification.
- For full competition details and Ts&Cs visit: https://promotions.coca-cola.com/uk/en/holidaysarecoming
Coca‑Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 19 brands and 96 drinks to consumers across Great Britain. Led by Coca‑Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognisable brands, our company portfolio includes Fanta, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Oasis, glaceau vitaminwater, glaceau smartwater, Schweppes, 5 Alive, Lilt, Kia Ora and Powerade. For more information about Coca‑Cola in Great Britain, please visit our website at www.coca-cola.co.uk.
More Press Releases
- Trick or Treat: welcome to the Fanta Feast of Fears
- Explore your adventurous side with Schweppes’ premium new 1783 range
- The truth about social friendships: Brits count just 5% of their social media followers as ‘close’ friends
Holidays are Coming as
Coca-Colareveals 2017 Christmas Truck Tour dates
- Diet Coke unveils limited-edition can designs to celebrate new on-pack promotion