For many, catching a glimpse of the iconic Coca-Cola Christmas truck is a sign that the festive season is well and truly underway.
This year, the Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour will be returning to the UK for the sixth year in a row, spreading festive cheer up and down the country and giving fans the chance to get closer to the magic.
Highlights this Christmas include:
· The truck will embark on a nationwide tour from 17th November, visiting 44 locations across England, Scotland and Wales until 23rd December
· Coca-Cola has added an extra sprinkle of Christmas cheer to this year’s tour with an exciting new experience. Consumers will have the opportunity to wander through an enchanted winter wonderland before taking photographs with the iconic truck and enjoying a 150ml can of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
· Once the sun has set, visitors will enjoy an incredible after-dark surprise as Coca-Cola screens a short Christmas animation onto the truck. The animation is powered by the audience’s Christmas goodwill and festive cheer
· The Coca-Cola truck will even visit social media; users can express their excitement by tweeting #HolidaysAreComing from 4 November and a truck-related treat will appear on their post
· The UK’s favourite Christmas commercial ‘Holidays Are Coming’* will also return to screens this November, along with a brand new TV advert called ‘A Coke for Christmas’ which will air in December
Aedamar Howlett, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain said: “Coca-Cola is synonymous with the Christmas season and it’s no secret that our much-loved Christmas Truck Tour marks the unofficial countdown to Christmas. We can’t wait to reveal this year’s route and start spreading holiday cheer across the UK.”
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors:
* In 2014 ‘Holidays Are Coming’ was voted ‘Britain’s favourite Christmas ad of all time’ by consumers
For further information and high-res images please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 908 6455
About Coca-Cola Great Britain:
Coca-Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 20 brands and 80 products to consumers across Great Britain. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognisable brands, our company portfolio includes Fanta, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Oasis, GLACÉAU smartwater, Schweppes, Lilt and Appletiser.