We understand obesity is an issue that needs to be addressed and will continue our work to reduce the sugar and calories consumed from our drinks. We have already done a great deal and our actions are doing more to reduce sugar and calorie intake than a tax will. It’s disappointing that the Government has chosen to single out soft drinks in its attempt to tackle the problem. If the aim is to reduce obesity, this levy flies in the face of evidence from around the world which shows taxes do very little, if anything, to reduce sugar and calorie intake or obesity levels but do add to people’s cost of living.
Jon Woods, General Manager of
More Press Releases
- Coca-Cola in Western Europe sets ambitious new sustainability commitments on drinks, packaging and society
- Honest launches in the UK: New organic bottled herbal tea brand is #refreshinglyhonest
- glacéau smartwater Launches ‘Distilled’ Outdoor Marketing Campaign
- glacéau smartwater teams up with Fat Buddha Yoga to introduce #smartyoga sessions
- Statement On Publication of Health and Wellbeing Research and Partnerships