We’ve been using 25% recycled plastic in our plastic bottles, 42% recycled aluminium in our cans and 56% recycled glass material in our glass bottles for several years now.
We’re committed to doubling the amount of recycled material in our plastic bottles to 50% by 2020 across our entire portfolio of the 20 different brands we sell. When we reach this figure, we’ll be using recycled plastic from nearly one billion bottles.
To do this we’ve extended our partnership with Clean Tech, the UK’s largest recycler of PET plastic.
Our long-term intention is to keep pushing these figures as collection rates and reprocessing technology improve.
- Why isn’t Coca-Cola Great Britain using biodegradable material or other greener alternatives to plastic?
- What are the ingredients of Coca-Cola Classic?
- What percentage of material in Coca-Cola bottles and cans is recyclable?
- Is the caffeine in Coca-Cola addictive?
- What is Coca-Cola Great Britain doing about litter?