We are proud to use more recycled plastic than any other food and drink company in Great Britain and source all of this from Lincolnshire. At the moment, all our bottles contain on average 25% recycled plastic, but we’re committed to going even further.
Our target to reach 50% recycled plastic in our bottles by 2020 is based on current supplies. Long term we want to use more than 50% recycled plastic, which is why we’re looking at how to reform the UK recycling system and evolve reprocessing technology to improve recovery and recycling rates. The more materials collected, the more we can use to make new bottles and the smaller our environmental footprint.
- Is the Coca-Cola formula kept secret because the company has something to hide?
- What is Coca-Cola Great Britain doing about litter?
- Does Coca-Cola use voluntary on pack recycling labels on their drinks?
- What are Coca-Cola bottles and cans made of?
- What percentage of material in Coca-Cola bottles and cans is recyclable?