Designated Drivers, we salute you!
We're saying thanks to the heroes of the party season with a 'buy one, get one free' offer on soft drinks
Holidays are coming, the party season is in full swing and our Designated Driver campaign is back for the seventh year running, bigger and better than ever before!
We're saying a big thank you to all the people who'll be helping friends and family get home safely this Christmas with a special 'buy one, get one free' offer on soft drinks at 12,500 pubs and bars across the country. Designated drivers – our heroes of the party season - will be able to claim the offer on Coca‑Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and, for the first time, our Schweppes drinks.
The offer will run throughout the whole of December in partnership with the Department for Transport's (DfT) THINK! road safety campaign.
For the first time ever, we’ll be raising awareness of the campaign on 240 radio stations across the country. We’ll also be celebrating designated drivers on Twitter, too – join the conversation using #DesignatedHero.
Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive of the British Beer & Pub Association, said: “I’m delighted that Coca‑Cola is giving more support than ever to this campaign. As their new polling shows, designated drivers still enjoy a brilliant night out in the Great British pub at Christmas. Having a designated driver doesn’t dampen the party sprit, and means that everyone can have a safe journey home."
Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin, said: “Most people know drinking and driving is wrong and don’t do it, but there are still those that take the risk. Anyone tempted to have a tipple at Christmas time before getting behind the wheel should know the potential consequences. As well as risking an accident, you risk losing your licence. If you rely on a car for work, this could mean losing your job and wreck your chance of future employment.”
Take advantage of this offer
Head over to our FAQs page for more information on how to take advantage of this offer for yourself or your designated driver!
- The promotion runs throughout the whole of December at participating bars and pubs.
- Venues deemed to be ‘participating’ have confirmed with Coca Cola that they wish to take part, and have been issued with an activation kit. It is the responsibility of the venue to activate this promotion.
- Offer subject to availability. Individual venues may apply additional terms.
- When purchasing drinks including a Coca‑Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Schweppes, please make it known to the bar staff if you or one of your group is a designated driver.
- In return for purchasing a Coca‑Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Schweppes, designated drivers will receive confirmation from the bar staff that they can claim a second soft drink free. The method of confirmation may vary from outlet to outlet.
- This offer is not applicable if the designated driver has already been drinking alcohol. The offer will be made available to customers, or refused, at the discretion of individual venues.