Festive 5 Alive jelly
A fun, fruity addition to any festive family occasion
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 6 hours or overnight chilling
600ml 5 Alive Berry, Five Fruit Blend
50g caster sugar
5 sheets fine leaf gelatine, cut into thin strips
200g fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Place gelatine strips in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes, then drain and squeeze out the water.
- Meanwhile place the 5 Alive Berry juice in a saucepan, with the sugar, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat. Spoon 60ml (4 tbsp) of the juice over the gelatine and stir to dissolve, then add this back to the juice in the pan.
- Pour into a large bowl, allow to cool thoroughly, then refrigerate the jelly for about one hour, until starting to thicken.
- Meanwhile, halve the strawberries and mix with the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Rinse a jelly mould but do not dry as a wet mould will make it easier to remove the jelly when set. Distribute half the fruit around the mould, then stir the remaining fruit into the cooled jelly.
- Pour the jelly juice and fruit into the mould. Place in the fridge and chill for 6 hours or overnight until set.
- To turn out the jelly dip the mould into a bowl of hot water. Invert onto a large plate, give it a quick shake and the jelly should slide out.
- Variation - if preferred use individual jelly moulds or serve in glasses.
Nutritional info per slice: